Welcome to 3D's new Library Blog!
We hope to add new posts at least once a week for you to read. Things we will post about:
- Book recommendations
- Reading events
- Library contests
- AR Information
Before you read on, we need to make sure that you follow a few guidelines when you are browsing the blog in class:
- The blog is meant to be read independently. If you want to chat about it with us or your friends, please don't do so in class, find a different time.
- You may only go to links that are suggested to you on the blog. If you click on something else from one of the links, you might not end up on the correct website. Stay on the linked pages!
- Use headphones when watching videos. We will occasionally post videos - if you choose to view them in class, please use your headphones. And, if you need to go into your bag to get your headphones, ask first. :)
Thank you for following the guidelines above. And, happy reading!
For our first post, I thought I'd share with you a little about what I am reading. I usually read several books at a time. Here is today's list:
- I love this book! I am actually listening to it on Audible. It is so fun to listen to - and a little sad, too. I am super excited that Mr. Alexander has a new book coming out this April. I can't wait!
- Here is a link to author's page about the book: http://kwamealexander.com/product/f/BOOKS/10/
- I'm almost finished with this book - I'm reading it on my Kindle and I usually read books on my Kindle pretty quickly.
- This is the sequel to the book, The War that Saved My Life. (Which you all should totally read! You can find the book in the Teen section. Remember, 5th graders, you are almost 6th graders! And, you can always find the book in your public library if you can't wait!)
- I don't usually read a lot of historical fiction, but I loved the first book and this one is good, too. It takes place in England during World War 2 and is about a girl with a physical disability and her life as an evacuee of the war.
- Here is a link to more information about the book: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/318357/the-war-i-finally-won-by-kimberly-brubaker-bradley/9780525429203/
Saving Red, by Sonya Sones
- If you know me well, you know I love Sonya Sones (her books are YA, but totally worth waiting till 7th/8th to read!) And, her new book is just as good as her others!
- I bought a paper copy of the book because when I am finished with it, I plan to put it in the library for ya'll to borrow. :)
- I haven't read too much, but so far, it is about a girl growing up in Seattle (my hometown!) and her struggles with anxiety. She meets a homeless teenage girl one night and starts to become friends with her.
- Here is more information: http://www.sonyasones.com/books/savingred/a_syn_book.html
Okay, it's time for me to say goodbye! I hope you enjoyed our first post! PS: I don't plan for all of them to be this long!